I wanted Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting!




     For me, cooking and eating are recreations I enjoy immensely! Grocery shopping is a recreation I enjoy immensely!  My kitchen will always be a workshop where I enjoy myself!  

     I don't own the kitchen where I've been cooking lately, so I can't have everything where I want it to be all the time. So, I make do and do the best I can to enjoy myself and I hope the folk with whom I share my cooked goods enjoy them.  If they don't it's okay for them to say so.  Bombing out can be a teachable moment!  Usually, they like it, but they know I'll make it different the next time, so they should expect surprises!

     I know how to do simple cake decorations, but it a rare occasion when I decorate a cake.  I make cakes because I want them to eat.  When I want fruitcake, whether in June or November, I make fruitcake.  When I want yellow cake, that's what I make.  On this day, I wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  I didn't care anything about decorating it.  I simply wanted to enjoy making it, enjoy eating it, and enjoying sharing it with others.  Believe it or not, I was pleased with half of it was gone with 30 minutes of my inviting family members to enjoy some!

     I wanted it to be rich, so that I would want any more for awhile afterwards!  I wanted it to go well with coffee!  I wanted to make it from scratch!





     To make this cake, I used coconut shortening instead of butter or oil.  I mixed in some chopped pecans after using buttermilk, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and water.  

     For the frosting, I used unsalted butter, cocoa powder, heavy cream, and powdered sugar.






Oh Holy God!  It was delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adam and Eve have provided no proof ... against Homosexuality.

I could call this Red Copper Skillet Lasagna!