I made this cake up. What should I call it! YUM!













OMGoodness! I should have written down what I did!

The only thing I would change is add some chopped nuts, or chopped zucchini, or chopped pumpkin. I guess about 1/3 cup would be enough.

about a cup of organic whole wheat flour
about 1/3 cup of coconut flour (organic)
about 1/3 cup of almond flour (organic)
about 1/3 cup of coconut sugar (organic)
about 1/3 cup of coconut shortening (organic)
about 1 Tblsp of baking powder
about 1/2 tsp of baking soda


2 large eggs (organic, free range)
about a cup of coconut milk (organic unsweetened)
about 1/3 cup of molasses (organic)

Mix all the dry stuff in a large mixing bowl. Then add the shortening. Squeeze the shortening into the dry mix over and over again (like in biscuit making) until the mix looks like a bunch of little pellets.

Mix all the liquid stuff together in a separate bowl. After mixing well, pour all at once into the dry (like in biscuit / muffin making). Stir the mixture. It should look like a thick batter (still, but barely pourable).

Grease a baking pan with coconut oil. Pour in the batter. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Do a toothpick test.

I found the mix to not be super sweet. For me it was just right! The texture was spongy. The crumb was moist but not sticky nor dry.

It worked for me.



I totally made this up, so try it at your own risk!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adam and Eve have provided no proof ... against Homosexuality.

I could call this Red Copper Skillet Lasagna!

I wanted Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting!