My Adventure Making Stuffed Rolls.

      Other names besides "Stuffed Rolls" have been used for these.  One can find them steamed in some places, baked in others, or both.  I wasn't as impressed with the steamed ones, and I think that's because I did not knead the dough.  The baked ones were delightful!  The dough was strong enough to hold the ingredients yet tender to be bitten and chewed easily.

     Before making the dough, I made the filling on the day before so that all the flavors could mesh while sitting in a zip-lock bag in the fridge overnight.

     I decided I wanted to use breaded chicken fingers already cooked, so I bought a bag of frozen ones and chopped them for the filling.  My thinking was that the breading would help add pastiness to the mix and, thus, help the filling to adhere to the surrounding dough.






     To the chopped chicken tenders, I added ground pork and ground beef that I cooked myself.

     Then, I added chopped sweet onion, chopped sweet peppers, crushed red pepper, and honey.  

     I bagged it all, and let it sit in the fridge over night.








     On the next day, I added a couple tablespoons of water to moisten the mixture and to help kick in the adhering quality of the mix.

     For the dough, I used bread flour, sugar, yeast, butter, and water.  I mixed it like standard bread dough EXCEPT I did not knead the dough.  I didn't want too much strength for the dough.   I let the dough rise a couple of hours.  Cut it into fist size portions, and stuffed the portions.

    I bake most of them -- 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

     I steamed two of them.... for 20-25 minutes.  I wasn't impressed with the turn out.  I suspect that if I had knead the dough they would have had a better texture.  Still they were tasty and filling!

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adam and Eve have provided no proof ... against Homosexuality.

I could call this Red Copper Skillet Lasagna!

I wanted Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting!