My venture making custard with almond milk


     I enjoy drinking rice and almond milks, and I enjoy finding an excuse to play with food in the kitchen at home.   As with any other foods, I try to avoid letting them spoil and/or go to waste.  So as I was nearing the bottom of the carton of almond milk, I decided I would try my luck at making a custard with it.


     As usual, I took a chance at following no recipe and followed what I felt in my gut would work out well.  Here's what I did with the ingredients I used.

     Into a large mixing bowl, I mixed about 3 heaping tablespoons (actually three big soup spoons heaped) of corn starch, three eggs, 3 tablespoons of guava syrup, 3 cups of almond milk (3, 3, 3, 3) and a big splash of vanilla.

     I poured all that into a nonstick sauce pan and stirred it over low heat for about 15 minutes.  Then I turned the heat up to medium for about 5 minutes, then up to medium high for about 5 minutes.  I did not stop stirring.  The mix thickened like thick gravy... just what I wanted.


     Into a few glasses and custard dishes (whatever we happen to have... well I almost used wine glasses...), I placed a half homemade peanut butter cookie.  I broke them in half because whole ones would not fit into the glasses / dishes.  I made the cookies a few days ago, and the cookie jar was down to a few.

 I spooned some custard into each glass / dish.  As you can see, I got a little messy.  O well!  Then I put the other half of the cookies.... Then I put them in the fridge to chill.

     While the chilling was going on, I sliced some strawberries and a couple of nectarines and mixed the slices with some whipped topping.


     Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Now back into the fridge for  a bit!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adam and Eve have provided no proof ... against Homosexuality.

I could call this Red Copper Skillet Lasagna!

I wanted Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting!