Wait! Don't throw away those plum and apple cores!









     I will use the back of chunked plums and apple to make plum sauce, sprinkle on top of oatmeal, ice cream, cereal, etc.

     I put the cores in some water, added a splash of apple cider vinegar, a shake of ground gloves, a shake of ground cinnamon,  and about 1/8 cup of brown sugar.  After simmering that for about 20 minutes.  I let it cool, because I wanted to go take a nap.


     I mixed about a cup of the cooled mix with about 1/8 cup of corn starch and a few teaspoons of tapioca pearls.  It all thickened with 15 minutes after I brought it all up to a simmer.  I poured the batch into a shallow dish so that it could cool faster.


     Canning jar come in so handy.  You can see that I added some fresh blueberries to the cooling mix.  I think this will make an excellent topping for ice cream, cheesecake, oatmeal, etc.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adam and Eve have provided no proof ... against Homosexuality.

I could call this Red Copper Skillet Lasagna!

I wanted Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting!